MAPLE HEIGHTS incorporated as a village in July 1915 and as a city on 1 Jan. 1932. It is a 5 sq. mi. residential and industrial community approx. 10 miles southeast of downtown Cleveland. Bounded on the north by Cleveland and WARRENSVILLE HEIGHTS, on the south by BEDFORD and WALTON HILLS, on the east by BEDFORD HEIGHTS, and on the west by GARFIELD HEIGHTS, it was originally the northwest part of Bedford Twp., established in 1823.