Westlake Real Estate Listings and Information
The area, now known as the City of Westlake, was first settled on October 10th, 1810. However, it was then part of Dover Township. In the early 1910s, the northern part of the township seceded to form Bay Village. In 1912 the southern portion left to join North Olmsted. The remaining township residents formed Dover Village in 1913, taking with it a portion of Olmsted Township.
Dover Village was renamed the Village of Westlake in 1940. This was done to eliminate confusion with Dover, Ohio (itself now part of the Cleveland television market). The Village of Westlake became a city in 1957.
Westlake is now bordered by Bay Village to the North, Rocky River and Fairview Park to the East, North Olmsted to the South, and Avon (Lorain County) to the West.
There are about 13,000 households with a total population of about 31,000 people. The median income for families is about $82,000 with a per capita income of about $37,000.
The Westlake City School District is rated “excellent” by the state’s report card for school districts. The WCS has been consistently rated "excellent" by the state since the cards came into existence. Westlake High School is home to WHBS-TV, the Westlake High school Broadcasting System. WHBS-TV is seen on channels 22 and 18 on Time Warner Cable and WOW! Cable, respectively, in the Westlake area. The station is considered one of the top high school television stations in the United States, and city voters recently rewarded the station with brand new, state-of-the-art television facilities added onto the high school as a result of the program's popularity. Lee Burneson Middle School has been awarded with a half-million dollar STEM (Science Technology Engineering and Math) grant. They have used this to buy equipment that will improve the learning process.
- Bassett Elementary School (Grades 1-4)
- Dover Elementary School (Grades 1-4)
- Hillard Elementary School (Grades 1-4)
- Holly Lane Elementary School (Grades 1-4)
- Parkside Intermediate School (Grades 5-6)
- Lee Burneson Middle School (LBMS) (Grades 7-8)
- Westlake High School (WHS) (Grades 9-12)
Points of interests are:
- Crocker Park is a lifestyle center located on Crocker Rd. It is essentially an outdoor mall with areas for recreation and socializing. The park is based on a small French town-type setting. There are also apartments and offices above some stores and restaurants. Townhouses are located on the southwest corner. The $200 million dollar project was developed by Stark Enterprises and The Carney Foundation. It features restaurants, retailers, residential, and entertainment. The project also includes office space.
- Westlake is served by Westlake Porter Public Library
- Also found in Westlake is Lakewood Country Club, the 6th best private course in Northern, Ohio.
- Clague House Museum, located at 1371 Clague Road., showcases the history of Westlake (formerly Dover). The house was built in 1876.
- Clague Playhouse, located at 1371 Clague Rd., community theatre producing five plays a season from the classic and contemporary repertoire.
Recently Listed - View All
27747 Hollywood Dr Westlake, OH 44145 $104,999 3 Beds 1 Baths 1,160 Sq Ft Ranch/1-Story
30104 Shadow Creek Dr Westlake, OH 44145 $324,900 3 Beds 3.5 Baths 0 Sq Ft Townhouse
25995 Williams Dr Westlake, OH 44145 $232,000 3 Beds 2.5 Baths 1,875 Sq Ft Split-Level
29291 Rocky Pointe Westlake, OH 44145 $419,900 4 Beds 3.5 Baths 3,474 Sq Ft Colonial
29930 Shadow Creek Dr 2 Westlake, OH 44145 $289,900 3 Beds 3 Baths 2,700 Sq Ft Cluster Home
25808 Yeoman Dr Westlake, OH 44145 $195,000 3 Beds 2 Baths 1,695 Sq Ft Ranch/1-Story
1221 Dover Center Rd Westlake, OH 44145 $159,900 3 Beds 2 Baths 1,350 Sq Ft Bungalow
1462 Mendelssohn Dr Westlake, OH 44145 $169,900 0 Beds 3 Baths 0 Sq Ft Split-Level
30843 Sawgrass Ln Westlake, OH 44145 $850,000 4 Beds 4.5 Baths 4,077 Sq Ft Colonial
38402 Loman Ct North Ridgeville, OH 44039 $239,500 3 Beds 2.5 Baths 2,450 Sq Ft Colonial
30136 Shadow Creek Dr Westlake, OH 44145 $279,900 2 Beds 2.5 Baths 1,898 Sq Ft Ranch/1-Story
1833 Donna Dr Westlake, OH 44145 $262,500 3 Beds 2 Baths 2,344 Sq Ft Split-Level
1560 Mozart Dr Westlake, OH 44145 $238,000 3 Beds 2.5 Baths 2,678 Sq Ft Split-Level
3163 Regency Pl Westlake, OH 44145 $750,000 4 Beds 4.5 Baths 4,312 Sq Ft Colonial
1375 Prince Charles Ave Westlake, OH 44145 $349,900 4 Beds 2.5 Baths 2,728 Sq Ft Colonial
27647 Bassett Rd Westlake, OH 44145 $274,900 4 Beds 2 Baths 2,074 Sq Ft Cape Cod
2284 Windward Dr 17 Westlake, OH 44145 $264,000 3 Beds 2 Baths 1,959 Sq Ft Cape Cod
1930 King James 206 Westlake, OH 44145 $74,900 2 Beds 1.5 Baths 903 Sq Ft Multiplex
26422 Rechner Dr Westlake, OH 44145 $269,500 4 Beds 2.5 Baths 2,175 Sq Ft Cape Cod
901 Canterbury Rd D-E-F Westlake, OH 44145 $399,750 0 Beds 0 Baths 0 Sq Ft Commercial
901 Canterbury Rd E - F Westlake, OH 44145 $279,750 0 Beds 0 Baths 0 Sq Ft Commercial
1245 Dover Center Rd Westlake, OH 44145 $169,900 3 Beds 2 Baths 1,440 Sq Ft Bungalow
901 Canterbury Rd D Westlake, OH 44145 $149,750 0 Beds 0 Baths 0 Sq Ft Commercial
2186 Lands End Ln Westlake, OH 44145 $889,900 4 Beds 4.5 Baths 3,964 Sq Ft Colonial
Browse Listings by Price Range
Active Market Stats
- 347 Listings For Sale
- $286,133 Average Listing Price
- $138 Average Listing Price per Square Foot
Sold Market Stats
- 1132 Properties Sold
- 136 Average Days on Market
- $118 Average Sale Price per Square Foot