Westlake Real Estate Listings and Information
The area, now known as the City of Westlake, was first settled on October 10th, 1810. However, it was then part of Dover Township. In the early 1910s, the northern part of the township seceded to form Bay Village. In 1912 the southern portion left to join North Olmsted. The remaining township residents formed Dover Village in 1913, taking with it a portion of Olmsted Township.
Dover Village was renamed the Village of Westlake in 1940. This was done to eliminate confusion with Dover, Ohio (itself now part of the Cleveland television market). The Village of Westlake became a city in 1957.
Westlake is now bordered by Bay Village to the North, Rocky River and Fairview Park to the East, North Olmsted to the South, and Avon (Lorain County) to the West.
There are about 13,000 households with a total population of about 31,000 people. The median income for families is about $82,000 with a per capita income of about $37,000.
The Westlake City School District is rated “excellent” by the state’s report card for school districts. The WCS has been consistently rated "excellent" by the state since the cards came into existence. Westlake High School is home to WHBS-TV, the Westlake High school Broadcasting System. WHBS-TV is seen on channels 22 and 18 on Time Warner Cable and WOW! Cable, respectively, in the Westlake area. The station is considered one of the top high school television stations in the United States, and city voters recently rewarded the station with brand new, state-of-the-art television facilities added onto the high school as a result of the program's popularity. Lee Burneson Middle School has been awarded with a half-million dollar STEM (Science Technology Engineering and Math) grant. They have used this to buy equipment that will improve the learning process.
- Bassett Elementary School (Grades 1-4)
- Dover Elementary School (Grades 1-4)
- Hillard Elementary School (Grades 1-4)
- Holly Lane Elementary School (Grades 1-4)
- Parkside Intermediate School (Grades 5-6)
- Lee Burneson Middle School (LBMS) (Grades 7-8)
- Westlake High School (WHS) (Grades 9-12)
Points of interests are:
- Crocker Park is a lifestyle center located on Crocker Rd. It is essentially an outdoor mall with areas for recreation and socializing. The park is based on a small French town-type setting. There are also apartments and offices above some stores and restaurants. Townhouses are located on the southwest corner. The $200 million dollar project was developed by Stark Enterprises and The Carney Foundation. It features restaurants, retailers, residential, and entertainment. The project also includes office space.
- Westlake is served by Westlake Porter Public Library
- Also found in Westlake is Lakewood Country Club, the 6th best private course in Northern, Ohio.
- Clague House Museum, located at 1371 Clague Road., showcases the history of Westlake (formerly Dover). The house was built in 1876.
- Clague Playhouse, located at 1371 Clague Rd., community theatre producing five plays a season from the classic and contemporary repertoire.
Recently Listed - View All
2401 Beechwood Dr Westlake, OH 44145 $219,900 4 Beds 2 Baths 2,400 Sq Ft Ranch/1-Story
800 Brick Mill Run Westlake, OH 44145 $69,000 2 Beds 2 Baths 988 Sq Ft High-Rise
23010 Detroit Rd 2 Westlake, OH 44145 $324,900 3 Beds 4.5 Baths 0 Sq Ft Cluster Home
25112 Westwood Rd Westlake, OH 44145 $199,900 3 Beds 1.5 Baths 1,624 Sq Ft Split-Level
25725 Danielle Dr Westlake, OH 44145 $450,000 4 Beds 2.5 Baths 3,516 Sq Ft Colonial
3691 Bradley Rd Westlake, OH 44145 $829,900 5 Beds 3.5 Baths 4,713 Sq Ft Colonial
2419 Park Pl Westlake, OH 44145 $299,000 4 Beds 2.5 Baths 2,746 Sq Ft Colonial
1797 Columbia Rd Westlake, OH 44145 $159,900 2 Beds 1 Baths 1,162 Sq Ft Bungalow
29806 Center Ridge (Lenox) Rd Westlake, OH 44145 $119,900 2 Beds 2 Baths 1,314 Sq Ft Ranch/1-Story
31462 Saint Andrews Westlake, OH 44145 $299,900 4 Beds 2.5 Baths 2,565 Sq Ft Colonial
30632 Atlanta Ln Westlake, OH 44145 $387,900 4 Beds 3.5 Baths 3,298 Sq Ft Colonial
23148 Hilliard Blvd Westlake, OH 44145 $215,000 2 Beds 1.5 Baths 1,534 Sq Ft Ranch/1-Story
2180 Berkeley Dr Westlake, OH 44145 $215,000 4 Beds 2 Baths 2,007 Sq Ft Ranch/1-Story
2529 Brantwood Dr Westlake, OH 44145 $127,000 3 Beds 1 Baths 1,276 Sq Ft Ranch/1-Story
999 Dominion Dr Westlake, OH 44145 $284,500 4 Beds 2.5 Baths 3,148 Sq Ft Cape Cod
25950 Detroit Rd Westlake, OH 44145 $1,400,000 0 Beds 0 Baths 0 Sq Ft Lot/Land
24091 Detroit Rd Westlake, OH 44145 $359,000 0 Beds 0 Baths 0 Sq Ft Lot/Land
29861 Yorktown Dr Westlake, OH 44145 $409,000 3 Beds 2.5 Baths 0 Sq Ft Cluster Home
23442 Belmont Dr Westlake, OH 44145 $214,000 3 Beds 1.5 Baths 1,730 Sq Ft Bungalow
1304 Cedarwood Dr A3 Westlake, OH 44145 $119,900 2 Beds 2 Baths 1,020 Sq Ft Multiplex
2939 South Bay Dr G5 Westlake, OH 44145 $89,900 2 Beds 2 Baths 1,241 Sq Ft Ranch/1-Story
2021 King James 112 Westlake, OH 44145 $58,900 1 Beds 1 Baths 676 Sq Ft Ranch/1-Story
1851 King James 101 Westlake, OH 44145 $55,000 2 Beds 2 Baths 1,040 Sq Ft Ranch/1-Story
27150 Courtland Meadows Westlake, OH 44145 $339,900 4 Beds 2.5 Baths 2,539 Sq Ft Colonial
Browse Listings by Price Range
Active Market Stats
- 313 Listings For Sale
- $279,027 Average Listing Price
- $139 Average Listing Price per Square Foot
Sold Market Stats
- 1139 Properties Sold
- 113 Average Days on Market
- $120 Average Sale Price per Square Foot