Westlake Real Estate Listings and Information
The area, now known as the City of Westlake, was first settled on October 10th, 1810. However, it was then part of Dover Township. In the early 1910s, the northern part of the township seceded to form Bay Village. In 1912 the southern portion left to join North Olmsted. The remaining township residents formed Dover Village in 1913, taking with it a portion of Olmsted Township.
Dover Village was renamed the Village of Westlake in 1940. This was done to eliminate confusion with Dover, Ohio (itself now part of the Cleveland television market). The Village of Westlake became a city in 1957.
Westlake is now bordered by Bay Village to the North, Rocky River and Fairview Park to the East, North Olmsted to the South, and Avon (Lorain County) to the West.
There are about 13,000 households with a total population of about 31,000 people. The median income for families is about $82,000 with a per capita income of about $37,000.
The Westlake City School District is rated “excellent” by the state’s report card for school districts. The WCS has been consistently rated "excellent" by the state since the cards came into existence. Westlake High School is home to WHBS-TV, the Westlake High school Broadcasting System. WHBS-TV is seen on channels 22 and 18 on Time Warner Cable and WOW! Cable, respectively, in the Westlake area. The station is considered one of the top high school television stations in the United States, and city voters recently rewarded the station with brand new, state-of-the-art television facilities added onto the high school as a result of the program's popularity. Lee Burneson Middle School has been awarded with a half-million dollar STEM (Science Technology Engineering and Math) grant. They have used this to buy equipment that will improve the learning process.
- Bassett Elementary School (Grades 1-4)
- Dover Elementary School (Grades 1-4)
- Hillard Elementary School (Grades 1-4)
- Holly Lane Elementary School (Grades 1-4)
- Parkside Intermediate School (Grades 5-6)
- Lee Burneson Middle School (LBMS) (Grades 7-8)
- Westlake High School (WHS) (Grades 9-12)
Points of interests are:
- Crocker Park is a lifestyle center located on Crocker Rd. It is essentially an outdoor mall with areas for recreation and socializing. The park is based on a small French town-type setting. There are also apartments and offices above some stores and restaurants. Townhouses are located on the southwest corner. The $200 million dollar project was developed by Stark Enterprises and The Carney Foundation. It features restaurants, retailers, residential, and entertainment. The project also includes office space.
- Westlake is served by Westlake Porter Public Library
- Also found in Westlake is Lakewood Country Club, the 6th best private course in Northern, Ohio.
- Clague House Museum, located at 1371 Clague Road., showcases the history of Westlake (formerly Dover). The house was built in 1876.
- Clague Playhouse, located at 1371 Clague Rd., community theatre producing five plays a season from the classic and contemporary repertoire.
Recently Listed - View All
25 Ashbourne Dr Westlake, OH 44145 $460,000 2 Beds 2.5 Baths 2,128 Sq Ft Contemporary
1948 Savannah Pky 1948 Westlake, OH 44145 $153,000 2 Beds 2.5 Baths 1,604 Sq Ft Townhouse
1908 Halls Carriage Path Westlake, OH 44145 $279,900 4 Beds 3.5 Baths 2,608 Sq Ft Colonial
30419 Center Ridge Westlake, OH 44145 $239,000 0 Beds 0 Baths 0 Sq Ft Lot/Land
1842 Bur Oak Dr Westlake, OH 44145 $795,000 4 Beds 4.5 Baths 0 Sq Ft Bungalow
9046 Hummingbird Ln North Ridgeville, OH 44039 $368,224 3 Beds 2 Baths 2,194 Sq Ft Cluster Home
2080 Farmington Turn Westlake, OH 44145 $239,900 3 Beds 2.5 Baths 2,608 Sq Ft Colonial
1749 Horseshoe Blvd Westlake, OH 44145 $167,500 3 Beds 1.5 Baths 1,765 Sq Ft Ranch/1-Story
30419 Center Ridge Westlake, OH 44145 $239,000 0 Beds 0 Baths 0 Sq Ft Ranch/1-Story
1517 Fitzroy St Westlake, OH 44145 $1,150,000 8 Beds 8 Baths 10,219 Sq Ft Colonial
28051 Settlers Reserve Way Westlake, OH 44145 $289,000 4 Beds 2.5 Baths 2,608 Sq Ft Split-Level
1155 Charter Oak Ln 105 Westlake, OH 44145 $48,000 1 Beds 1 Baths 754 Sq Ft Ranch/1-Story
23319 Detroit Rd Westlake, OH 44145 $375,000 3 Beds 1.5 Baths 2,406 Sq Ft Colonial
23740 Wonneta Pky Westlake, OH 44145 $289,000 4 Beds 2 Baths 2,580 Sq Ft Bungalow
27 Ashbourne Dr Westlake, OH 44145 $460,000 2 Beds 2.5 Baths 2,128 Sq Ft Contemporary
23508 Hilliard Blvd Westlake, OH 44145 $129,900 3 Beds 1 Baths 1,351 Sq Ft Ranch/1-Story
635 Windrush Dr D1 Westlake, OH 44145 $100,000 2 Beds 2 Baths 1,098 Sq Ft Ranch/1-Story
800 Carriage Park Oval Westlake, OH 44145 $389,000 3 Beds 4 Baths 3,036 Sq Ft Colonial
2485 Crimson Dr 2485 Westlake, OH 44145 $174,900 2 Beds 1.5 Baths 1,409 Sq Ft Ranch/1-Story
2186 Lands End Ln Westlake, OH 44145 $889,500 4 Beds 4.5 Baths 3,964 Sq Ft Colonial
2237 Walter Rd Westlake, OH 44145 $233,900 4 Beds 2 Baths 1,897 Sq Ft Cape Cod
28340 Center Ridge Rd 1210 Westlake, OH 44145 $125,000 2 Beds 2 Baths 1,365 Sq Ft Ranch/1-Story
210 Ashbourne Dr Westlake, OH 44145 $609,000 3 Beds 2.5 Baths 2,972 Sq Ft Colonial
67 Ashbourne Dr Westlake, OH 44145 $375,000 2 Beds 2.5 Baths 2,060 Sq Ft Contemporary
Browse Listings by Price Range
Active Market Stats
- 281 Listings For Sale
- $282,279 Average Listing Price
- $138 Average Listing Price per Square Foot
Sold Market Stats
- 1156 Properties Sold
- 115 Average Days on Market
- $120 Average Sale Price per Square Foot