Westlake Real Estate Listings and Information
The area, now known as the City of Westlake, was first settled on October 10th, 1810. However, it was then part of Dover Township. In the early 1910s, the northern part of the township seceded to form Bay Village. In 1912 the southern portion left to join North Olmsted. The remaining township residents formed Dover Village in 1913, taking with it a portion of Olmsted Township.
Dover Village was renamed the Village of Westlake in 1940. This was done to eliminate confusion with Dover, Ohio (itself now part of the Cleveland television market). The Village of Westlake became a city in 1957.
Westlake is now bordered by Bay Village to the North, Rocky River and Fairview Park to the East, North Olmsted to the South, and Avon (Lorain County) to the West.
There are about 13,000 households with a total population of about 31,000 people. The median income for families is about $82,000 with a per capita income of about $37,000.
The Westlake City School District is rated “excellent” by the state’s report card for school districts. The WCS has been consistently rated "excellent" by the state since the cards came into existence. Westlake High School is home to WHBS-TV, the Westlake High school Broadcasting System. WHBS-TV is seen on channels 22 and 18 on Time Warner Cable and WOW! Cable, respectively, in the Westlake area. The station is considered one of the top high school television stations in the United States, and city voters recently rewarded the station with brand new, state-of-the-art television facilities added onto the high school as a result of the program's popularity. Lee Burneson Middle School has been awarded with a half-million dollar STEM (Science Technology Engineering and Math) grant. They have used this to buy equipment that will improve the learning process.
- Bassett Elementary School (Grades 1-4)
- Dover Elementary School (Grades 1-4)
- Hillard Elementary School (Grades 1-4)
- Holly Lane Elementary School (Grades 1-4)
- Parkside Intermediate School (Grades 5-6)
- Lee Burneson Middle School (LBMS) (Grades 7-8)
- Westlake High School (WHS) (Grades 9-12)
Points of interests are:
- Crocker Park is a lifestyle center located on Crocker Rd. It is essentially an outdoor mall with areas for recreation and socializing. The park is based on a small French town-type setting. There are also apartments and offices above some stores and restaurants. Townhouses are located on the southwest corner. The $200 million dollar project was developed by Stark Enterprises and The Carney Foundation. It features restaurants, retailers, residential, and entertainment. The project also includes office space.
- Westlake is served by Westlake Porter Public Library
- Also found in Westlake is Lakewood Country Club, the 6th best private course in Northern, Ohio.
- Clague House Museum, located at 1371 Clague Road., showcases the history of Westlake (formerly Dover). The house was built in 1876.
- Clague Playhouse, located at 1371 Clague Rd., community theatre producing five plays a season from the classic and contemporary repertoire.
Recently Listed - View All
2660 Glenmore Dr Westlake, OH 44145 $589,900 6 Beds 4.5 Baths 5,290 Sq Ft Colonial
2716 Broadmore Ln Westlake, OH 44145 $524,900 4 Beds 3.5 Baths 3,875 Sq Ft Colonial
1936 Newbury Dr Westlake, OH 44145 $519,900 4 Beds 4 Baths 4,501 Sq Ft Colonial
3233 Village Green Dr 3233 Westlake, OH 44145 $149,900 2 Beds 2.5 Baths 0 Sq Ft Colonial
30017 Center Ridge Rd E Westlake, OH 44145 $118,900 2 Beds 2.5 Baths 1,615 Sq Ft Contemporary
800 Brick Mill Run 517 Westlake, OH 44145 $79,900 2 Beds 2 Baths 1,275 Sq Ft High-Rise
9088 Hummingbird Way North Ridgeville, OH 44039 $369,995 2 Beds 2.5 Baths 2,266 Sq Ft Cluster Home
30185 Shadow Creek Dr 47 Westlake, OH 44145 $309,900 3 Beds 3 Baths 2,268 Sq Ft Townhouse
3065 Bay Landing Dr 4 Westlake, OH 44145 $100,000 3 Beds 2 Baths 1,425 Sq Ft Townhouse
23203 Center Ridge Rd 1 Westlake, OH 44145 $335,000 2 Beds 3.5 Baths 1,863 Sq Ft Townhouse
210 Ashbourne Dr Westlake, OH 44145 $599,900 3 Beds 2.5 Baths 2,972 Sq Ft Colonial
212 Ashbourne Dr Westlake, OH 44145 $599,900 3 Beds 2.5 Baths 2,972 Sq Ft Colonial
28720 Woodmill Dr Westlake, OH 44145 $425,000 5 Beds 3 Baths 2,992 Sq Ft Colonial
4812 Trails End Ct 4 Westlake, OH 44145 $354,900 4 Beds 2.5 Baths 2,626 Sq Ft Cluster Home
31008 Schwartz Rd Westlake, OH 44145 $105,900 0 Beds 0 Baths 0 Sq Ft Lot/Land
700 Brick Mill Run 408 Westlake, OH 44145 $89,900 2 Beds 2 Baths 1,266 Sq Ft High-Rise
24679 Hilliard Boulevard Westlake, OH 44145 $175,000 3 Beds 1.5 Baths 1,460 Sq Ft 1-Story
24679 Hilliard Blvd Westlake, OH 44145 $175,000 3 Beds 1.5 Baths 1,460 Sq Ft Ranch/1-Story
2897 North Bay Dr M7 Westlake, OH 44145 $82,500 2 Beds 2 Baths 1,237 Sq Ft Multiplex
30926 Inverness Cir Westlake, OH 44145 $599,900 4 Beds 5 Baths 4,353 Sq Ft Colonial
23537 Concord Dr Westlake, OH 44145 $229,900 4 Beds 1.5 Baths 1,549 Sq Ft Colonial
28300 Detroit Rd A2 Westlake, OH 44145 $97,500 2 Beds 2 Baths 960 Sq Ft Ranch/1-Story
28339 Center Ridge Rd Westlake, OH 44145 $275,000 5 Beds 3 Baths 2,689 Sq Ft Cape Cod
3648 Lexington Ct Westlake, OH 44145 $250,000 2 Beds 2 Baths 1,659 Sq Ft Ranch/1-Story
Browse Listings by Price Range
Active Market Stats
- 302 Listings For Sale
- $280,195 Average Listing Price
- $138 Average Listing Price per Square Foot
Sold Market Stats
- 1129 Properties Sold
- 149 Average Days on Market
- $113 Average Sale Price per Square Foot