You can read full article at realtor.com and its by Anne Miller
Summer may be real estate's busy season, but winter offers a great opportunities for buying a house, especially for renters looking to become homeowners, growing families trading up to larger houses and baby boomers seeking homes to fit their evolving lifestyles.
8 benefits include:
1. Tax savings- you can deduct mortgage interest, property taxes etc. if you close by Dec. 31
2. Motivated sellers-Many sellers want to enjoy tax savings on the next home and may take lower bids to meet end of year deadlines.
3. Builder incentives- builders may offer upgrades or little extras to close their books by end of year or meet quotas.
4. Available movers-Many movers are booked 6 weeks out in the busier season but in Fall in Winter you may be able to book on shorter notice at the end of the year.
5. Paying toward something you own-When you buy a house, your monthly mortgage payment goes toward and investment - and ultimately a roof that's yours.
6. Consistent payments-Landlords can increase your rent. You can rely on consistent payments if you have a fixed-rate loan.
7. Freedom to renovate- Modernize your kitchen, paint, replace carpeting...nobody can tell you NO!
8. Gaining equity-As home values rise so does you Equity!!!