Westlake Real Estate Listings and Information
The area, now known as the City of Westlake, was first settled on October 10th, 1810. However, it was then part of Dover Township. In the early 1910s, the northern part of the township seceded to form Bay Village. In 1912 the southern portion left to join North Olmsted. The remaining township residents formed Dover Village in 1913, taking with it a portion of Olmsted Township.
Dover Village was renamed the Village of Westlake in 1940. This was done to eliminate confusion with Dover, Ohio (itself now part of the Cleveland television market). The Village of Westlake became a city in 1957.
Westlake is now bordered by Bay Village to the North, Rocky River and Fairview Park to the East, North Olmsted to the South, and Avon (Lorain County) to the West.
There are about 13,000 households with a total population of about 31,000 people. The median income for families is about $82,000 with a per capita income of about $37,000.
The Westlake City School District is rated “excellent” by the state’s report card for school districts. The WCS has been consistently rated "excellent" by the state since the cards came into existence. Westlake High School is home to WHBS-TV, the Westlake High school Broadcasting System. WHBS-TV is seen on channels 22 and 18 on Time Warner Cable and WOW! Cable, respectively, in the Westlake area. The station is considered one of the top high school television stations in the United States, and city voters recently rewarded the station with brand new, state-of-the-art television facilities added onto the high school as a result of the program's popularity. Lee Burneson Middle School has been awarded with a half-million dollar STEM (Science Technology Engineering and Math) grant. They have used this to buy equipment that will improve the learning process.
- Bassett Elementary School (Grades 1-4)
- Dover Elementary School (Grades 1-4)
- Hillard Elementary School (Grades 1-4)
- Holly Lane Elementary School (Grades 1-4)
- Parkside Intermediate School (Grades 5-6)
- Lee Burneson Middle School (LBMS) (Grades 7-8)
- Westlake High School (WHS) (Grades 9-12)
Points of interests are:
- Crocker Park is a lifestyle center located on Crocker Rd. It is essentially an outdoor mall with areas for recreation and socializing. The park is based on a small French town-type setting. There are also apartments and offices above some stores and restaurants. Townhouses are located on the southwest corner. The $200 million dollar project was developed by Stark Enterprises and The Carney Foundation. It features restaurants, retailers, residential, and entertainment. The project also includes office space.
- Westlake is served by Westlake Porter Public Library
- Also found in Westlake is Lakewood Country Club, the 6th best private course in Northern, Ohio.
- Clague House Museum, located at 1371 Clague Road., showcases the history of Westlake (formerly Dover). The house was built in 1876.
- Clague Playhouse, located at 1371 Clague Rd., community theatre producing five plays a season from the classic and contemporary repertoire.
Recently Listed - View All
1669 Columbia Road Westlake, OH 44145 $220,000 4 Beds 2 Baths 2,345 Sq Ft 2-Story
29331 Graystone Dr Westlake, OH 44145 $215,000 0 Beds 0 Baths 0 Sq Ft Lot/Land
24454 Westwood Rd Westlake, OH 44145 $169,900 3 Beds 2.5 Baths 2,440 Sq Ft Split-Level
29 Ashbourne Dr Westlake, OH 44145 $485,000 2 Beds 2.5 Baths 2,060 Sq Ft Contemporary
1669 Columbia Rd Westlake, OH 44145 $220,000 4 Beds 2 Baths 1,745 Sq Ft Cape Cod
1931 King James Pky 105 Westlake, OH 44145 $105,000 3 Beds 2 Baths 1,248 Sq Ft Multiplex
1975 Coes Post Run Westlake, OH 44145 $274,900 4 Beds 2.5 Baths 2,448 Sq Ft Colonial
3171 Village Green Dr Westlake, OH 44145 $269,900 2 Beds 2.5 Baths 1,873 Sq Ft Colonial
28375 Center Ridge Rd Westlake, OH 44145 $232,000 4 Beds 2.5 Baths 2,188 Sq Ft Colonial
1824 Century Oaks Dr 14 Westlake, OH 44145 $735,000 3 Beds 4 Baths 4,023 Sq Ft Cluster Home
31021 Lincoln Rd Westlake, OH 44145 $619,590 3 Beds 3 Baths 3,825 Sq Ft Colonial
2634 Chadwick Ct Westlake, OH 44145 $349,900 4 Beds 2.5 Baths 2,986 Sq Ft Colonial
24275 Smith Ave Westlake, OH 44145 $199,700 4 Beds 2 Baths 1,800 Sq Ft Bungalow
1351 Cobblestone Chase Westlake, OH 44145 $580,000 4 Beds 4 Baths 3,540 Sq Ft Colonial
29330 Schwartz Rd Westlake, OH 44145 $149,900 3 Beds 1 Baths 1,273 Sq Ft Ranch/1-Story
25967 Woodpath Trl Westlake, OH 44145 $295,000 3 Beds 2.5 Baths 3,000 Sq Ft Colonial
2569 Northglen Dr Westlake, OH 44145 $239,900 4 Beds 2.5 Baths 1,692 Sq Ft Bungalow
2172 Silveridge Trl Westlake, OH 44145 $649,900 4 Beds 4 Baths 3,278 Sq Ft Colonial
2977 Laura Ln Westlake, OH 44145 $289,900 4 Beds 4 Baths 2,402 Sq Ft Ranch/1-Story
24633 Meadow Ln Westlake, OH 44145 $259,900 4 Beds 2.5 Baths 2,314 Sq Ft Colonial
3785 Camden Ct 30 Westlake, OH 44145 $369,000 3 Beds 2.5 Baths 2,520 Sq Ft Cluster Home
27024 Detroit Rd Westlake, OH 44145 $249,500 0 Beds 0 Baths 0 Sq Ft Lot/Land
3710 Cinnamon Way Westlake, OH 44145 $399,900 4 Beds 2.5 Baths 4,082 Sq Ft Colonial
2794 Wyndgate Ct 1 Westlake, OH 44145 $259,900 2 Beds 1.5 Baths 1,520 Sq Ft Ranch/1-Story
Browse Listings by Price Range
Active Market Stats
- 322 Listings For Sale
- $300,386 Average Listing Price
- $144 Average Listing Price per Square Foot
Sold Market Stats
- 1101 Properties Sold
- 111 Average Days on Market
- $123 Average Sale Price per Square Foot